Doc2ASL is a specialty service offered by NIS. It provides you with translations of English print documents into American Sign Language (ASL) videos. For many Deaf individuals, ASL is the preferred mode of communication. By having your written documents translated into ASL, you are helping ensure your materials are accessible to the signing community.
Two types of document translation services are available:
- On-Demand Service: Available to serve immediate needs and can be provided using standard online video feeds.
- Professional Videos: On-location shooting and editing with a professional videographer.
How it works:
- Submit English text to be translated.
- An estimated timeline and Service Agreement for the service will be sent.
- Service Agreement is signed, returned to, and received by NIS.
- Production begins — following agreed upon timeline and method.
- Completed ASL video is sent to customer via internet link or DVD (depending on type of service).
For a printable version of this information to share with others, click here.
Contact our Doc2ASL specialist to discuss your specific needs and receive a customized quote.